Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Lincoln PTA! We are excited to connect with you.
Volunteering is a great way to model collaboration, grit, growth mindset, curiosity, and empathy to your kiddos. Many of our volunteers learn new passions or new skill sets while they are working on initiatives. And who knows? You may even discover a new best friend while doing it!
If you have ideas for an event or initiative that you would like to bring to Lincoln, please, do not hesitate to contact us!
I’d love to volunteer for one of these events!
All events and dates are subject to change due to COVID restrictions. This is a proposed list of events, and still must be voted on by general membership at our first meeting.
As-needed, year-long initiatives: These initiatives will be on an as-needed basis. Estimated volunteer time: 1 hour/month*.
- Fundraising: mostly a volunteer-from-home on your own schedule position. We need help designing spiritwear, partnering with local businesses, and organizing/promoting our fundraisers.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We’d love your input on ways we can be more inclusive for the entirety of the Lincoln community. Bonus: if you’re excited to learn the grant-writing process, D.E.I. can be a great way to get your feet wet.
- LincolnGrows: we will need help during the day in the outdoor classroom, working with teachers on bringing standard curriculum outside.
- Yearbook: taking pictures of various events that occur both in the classroom, as well as special events occurring outside the classroom.
Limited-time only events: These initiatives occur once a year. Estimated volunteer time: 2 meetings to prep, 2 hours active volunteer time*.
- Grit Week (September): activities for students during school, as well as a physical event that demonstrates grit.
- Growth Mindset Week (October): weeklong activities for students during school, as well as a supplemental event that encourages growth mindset.
- Collaboration Week (December): activities for students during school, as well as a supplemental event that celebrates collaboration.
- Empathy Week (February): activities for students during school, as well as an event or assembly that teaches empathy.
- Curiosity Week (April): activities for students during school, as well as a supplemental event that inspires curiosity.
- Staff Appreciation (May): a weeklong celebration for our incredible Lincoln Staff.
- Fifth Grade Farewell (May): celebrating the promotion of our Fifth Graders to Junior High.
*Time estimations are just that, estimations. The more volunteers we get, the less often we will need you to volunteer because we can share the workload. Teamwork makes everything better and volunteering is a great way to make new friends for both you and your children! We would love to add you to one of our teams. For more information on the benefits of volunteering, check out this website.