Using Your Senses
Can You Find All Four Kinds of Coral Bells?
Coral Bells (scientific name: Heuchera)
There are a number of different kinds of coral bells in the Lincoln Grows outdoor classroom. Can you find them all?
- Carnival Peach Parfait Coral Bells
- Plum Pudding Coral Bells
- Pistache Coral Bells
- Caramel Coral Bells
Even though these coral bells are different colors, they are all the same type of plant!
- Are there any other plants in the garden with similar flowers in a different color?
- Do you see any plants with leaves that are the same shape and size but a different color?
Lincoln Core Value: Empathy
We have over 30 different types of plants in our garden! The plants may look different, but those differences are what make our garden strong and healthy. Diversity means having different types of things in the same place.
Did you know that PEOPLE can be diverse? People come in different sizes and colors. They come from different places and speak different languages. Some people even have different abilities. In spite of all of those differences: we are all humans.
EMPATHY is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another person.
- What are some differences that you see in the people around you?
- How do you think those differences can make Lincoln stronger?
- What are some ways that you can show empathy to someone else?