Here is a brief recap of the award recipients that were honored tonight. Thank you so much for your time, commitment, grit, collaboration, & empathy to Lincoln’s students and community. Your works will echo in Lincoln’s halls for years to come.
Please join us Monday, May 3rd at 5:45pm for our monthly General PTA Meeting. The meeting will be held via ZOOM ONLY (no in-person option)
We will be having PTA Elections for the PTA Board for the 2021-2022 school year, and IMMEDIATELY following elections, we will be recognizing Lincoln Staff and Community Members for their outstanding service to Lincoln.
Welcome to The Quaran-Team Quest AT LINCOLN ELEMENTARY! A chance for your family (or your Pod) to compete in an Amazing Race style fun-run on school grounds on May 12th or May 13th! Utilize all 5 of Lincoln’s Core values: grit, growth mindset, curiosity, collaboration, and empathy to see if your team can Complete the Quest!
How it works:
Pre-register your team by CLICKING HERE
- All teams must have a MINIMUM of 2 participants, 10 at the most*. Your team can include whoever you’re comfortable being with in a close proximity. The Quest is outdoors, and is good for kids & adults of all ages (it will involve kicking, throwing, jumping, running, and codebreaking challenges).
- Have you been quarantining only as a family? Great, sign up with your family name.
- Did your kids have a Pod to get through COVID? Combine multiple families and friends if you’re comfortable with everyone working together within 6′.
- Please show up 5 minutes prior to the time of your registration slot. Due to COVID, we will not be able to accommodate teams that do not show up on time
- 5 Stations will be set up per time slot with each team at a different station. Social distancing guidelines will be in place, as each station will be more than 12′ apart and no teams will be at the same station at the same time. Any “touch” items will be sanitized between teams.
- The Quest should take around 20 minutes to complete. When you are finished… don’t forget to take a picture with your team!
We will be adhering to IDPH guidelines for sports
- At this time, we are requiring masks to be worn at all times. Masks will not be provided.
- Please bring your own water.
- Please wear athletic clothes you can get dirty and/or wet.
*If you have 1-2 extra kiddos, you will not be turned away; however, the race may not be as fun if you have over 10 people due to the nature of the stations. Pre-register your team by CLICKING HERE
Hello Lincoln Families,
Our PTA is coordinating a STEM Showcase this year in lieu of a traditional science fair and the other related activities we have done in the past. Below are links to the registration for the STEM Showcase and a template that can be followed. Participation is entirely optional, and it is open to all students. The gist is that projects or experiments can be done by students/families at home and will be Showcased at school – essentially a virtual science fair. We will also be doing a few school based activities during the first week of May directly related to the STEM Showcase and STEM activities.
Over the past handful of years we have had our students participate in a number of activities in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) largely because of the problem solving expectations that come with these disciplines. Putting our students in positions where they have to apply skills, think critically, collaborate and solve problems is a very natural extension of what we work on throughout the learning day, and it is in that vein that we are coordinating this STEM Showcase.
All of the information and links can also be found in your student’s Google Classroom: Lincoln Elementary.
Lincoln Elementary School
STEM Showcase Registration Link
You can submit your project for the STEM Showcase via 2 methods (or both!):
-A Google Slides Presentation
-Upload a video (less than 3 minutes) to the Lincoln Elementary Google Classroom
LincolnGrows: Earth Day Planting and Cleanup!
Growth Mindset, Grit, Collaboration, Curiosity, and Empathy abound in the outdoor classroom at Lincoln! We are celebrating Earth Day by planting some flowers and cleaning up the outdoor classroom for spring.
We are hosting a pre-registration only, planting/weeding session on Earth Day (Thursday, April 22nd) in different time slots to help beautify our outdoor classroom, as well as help kiddos develop a greater sense of environmental stewardship.
~Pre-registration is required (Maximum of 12 students per block, if we cap out or you cannot make these times, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org). REGISTER HERE!
~Masks will have to be worn for the entire 30 minutes you are there
~Please bring your own garden trowel and gloves
If this doesn’t work for your schedule and you would like to help in this initiative in the future, please, contact us at email@example.com, and we can organize a time for your family or group to volunteer in the outdoor classroom!
Thank you for your dedication and helping LincolnGROW: Curious Minds • Healthy Bodies • Connected Hearts • Good Humans