CLICK HERE to support our students by volunteering at a station for this event!
Join us on Thursday, April 20th, 2023 from 5:30pm-7:30pm at Lincoln Elementary School to take a deep dive into S.T.E.A.M. elements and explore your curiosity!
We are partnering with the DuPage Children’s Museum for a few fun experiments, including:
- Strong Structures – Engage in engineering challenges to create freestanding bridges inspired by Leonardo da Vinci and the Ancient Romans.
- Play Like Engineers – Let’s play! Exercise your engineering skills and design a play fort with your friends.
- Key(stone) to Arch Building – Discover the key to constructing your own arch.
- Traveling Sound – Create a device with everyday materials that can get sound to travel from one place to another.
- Dancing Laser – Join our dance party and observe how music can create a laser light show.
- Craft Stick Kazoo – Let’s start a band! Create a simple musical instrument and explore the properties of sound.
- Straw Pan Flutes – Explore how wind can create sound.
- Green Screen – Ever wonder how the Marvel movies do all those effects? Learn how with this experiment.
- Mobile Magnet Board – Test the laws of physics with our magnetic chutes.
- Life-sized Kerplunk – Everything is more fun when it’s big. The object of this game is to skillfully remove the rods from the basket while dropping the fewest balls possible… or make up your own game!